PHASTAR is a specialist CRO, offering statistical consulting, clinical trial reporting, data management and medical writing services, by providing expert consultants and managing and delivering in-house projects.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced programmer to join our Operational Excellence (OE) group and contribute to the company’s commitment to being at the forefront of process design and improvement through research and development.
Interested applicants should have a track record of implementing process improvements within a team environment and experience in developing programming procedures to improve team efficiencies. They will already be recognised as a top-notch SAS programmer with the skill and enthusiasm to make use of new features. Successful candidates will also be required to advise on internal and CDISC data standards and be responsible for ensuring study teams are trained and familiar with the relevant quality standards. They will also be required to provide strategic programming input and support users of newly generated tools and processes. This support will be provided by the successful applicant through formal training and responses to ad hoc support questions.
This is a key position and will appeal to a senior programmer who has the desire to continue to extend their knowledge and make a significant contribution to the continual improvement effort of key processes within a leading biometrics company.
Programmers within the OE group are responsible for the design and implementation of many of the company’s in-house process improvements including our process for mapping raw data to CDISC standards and efficient in-house reporting methods. Our OE programming team is responsible for directing and implementing our continual process improvement effort. OE team members will generate their own ideas or refine efficiency suggestions from members of the in-house reporting team. Once an idea has been evaluated, the OE team will produce a specification and execution plan, which will include a strategy for effective roll-out and training for all staff.
- Enthusiastic, ambitious and a strong team player
- Educated to degree level or equivalent within a relevant discipline
- Experience working within a clinical trials environment (Pharma, CRO or academic)
- Extensive experience in performing statistical analysis and reporting using SAS
- Experience of developing macros and tools to improve efficiency
- Good CDISC knowledge within SDTM and ADaM
- Previous experience of programming in one of the following languages: R, Python, Java, PHP, Ruby, C++ or C#.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- A clear thinker with a logical approach
- Hard-working with a positive attitude
- Advancement of your career in an intellectually stimulating, dynamic, supportive environment
- Option to get involved in the management of other programming staff members
- Opportunity to extend programming capabilities through training in novel programming languages and methods
- Encouragement to identify new methods and processes through research
To apply for this role please fill out the form below or send an email with your cv to email@example.com.