PHASTAR are setting up a new team of data scientists to deploy machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques to help answer clinical questions posed by our customers. We are looking for someone to set up and lead a team of data scientists to use analytical skills to make a substantial difference in the well-being of people across the globe. Building a team that shares your ability to find deep and meaningful information, you’ll create a culture and an environment that not only attracts talent, but provides the support needed for it to thrive and generate results which accelerate PHASTAR’s ability to support the development of personalised medicines, to gain new medical knowledge and to support our customers drug development initiatives.
PHASTAR aims to build on our strength as industry leaders in biostatistical analysis to play a leading role in transforming the way the pharma and biotech companies discover and develop new treatments and identify personalised treatment regimens. We are doing this with an emphasis in the areas of machine learning and artificial intelligence.
Note that the position could be based in any of our UK offices (Chiswick London, Canterbury, Macclesfield or Glasgow) as well as being home based in the UK.
You will be somebody who can ensure data science research and analysis activities are undertaken with understanding, vision, diligence and the strongest set of technical skills.
Head of Data Sciences
- Join PHASTAR’s Management Team to grow PHASTAR’s Data Science function including leveraging existing resources from our statistics, programming and data management teams
- Development of data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence capabilities and offer industry leading services to our pharma and biotech researchers in epidemiology, health economics and outcomes research
- Translate clinical questions into analytical problems through collaborations with research teams to design, conduct, analyse, manage, interpret and report studies using real world healthcare data, building practical solutions using visualisation techniques, machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques
- Identifying business needs and proposing potential analytics approaches outside traditional statistical techniques to answer customer questions
- Working with our IT and quality assurance groups to ensure our data science systems meet business requirements and industry best practices
- Maintain a broad and deep understanding of quantitative research techniques, both current and emerging to better leverage observational/real world data
- Be responsible for managing data science projects from proposal and contract discussions with clients to project delivery
- Negotiate with holders of various global clinical data sources and partners for retrospective observational research to enable easy and rapid access for our customer projects
The essential requirements of a Data Scientist in this role are:
- Practical hands-on experience deploying machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms
- Detail-oriented technical aptitude with strong logical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent understanding of advanced analytical research techniques
- Breadth of experience in coding and use of machine learning toolkits to manipulate and extract meaningful results from large, complex datasets
- Ability to learn new methodologies and programming languages quickly.
- Proven track record of delivering commercial returns from data science experiments
- PHD/Masters/Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering (Biotech, Computer Science, Information Technology), Bioinformatics, Computational Biology
- At least 8 years experience in data analytics or related fields with some experience using real world clinical data preferred
- Professional experience in people management and ideally of building and developing a newly formed team
- Be well-organised, flexible, self-motivated, independent, pro-active and creative.
- Effective at communicating with clients and colleagues. Able to deliver analytic insights in an impactful and meaningful way.
- In addition, strong verbal communication skills are required to articulate effectively complex data, statistical, and epidemiological concepts to diverse audiences.
- Excellent written skills, ability to help write proposals, reports and concise summary of findings.
You must be eligible to work in the UK for this position.
To apply, please complete the form below - or email email@example.com.