PHASTAR is a niche contract research organisation (CRO) headquartered in West London providing data-focussed services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. Established in 2007, PHASTAR has rapidly grown over the last ten years with average yearly growth of 30% to 50%. We have recently been recognised by the Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 league table of the UK’s fastest growing companies, acknowledging our outstanding success in recent years. We have recently embarked on a 5-year plan to double the size of the company and have smashed our initial growth targets.
We have a causal dress code, friendly working environment and offer opportunities so individuals can grow within the company. We have bi-annual official company social events as well as a pool table in the office!
We are looking for an individual to take responsibility for the smooth running of the finance aspects of the company, carry out the day to day management and financial accounting for the company, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. This role has the ability to develop further as we are looking for an individual who would like to grow with the company.
- Ownership of the month-end and year-end close
- Process all monthly billing, AR, AP and payroll
- Process monthly payroll for the UK including all tax year compliance E.g. P11D
- Prepare monthly management account pack
- Post all month and yearend journals (Accruals/prepayments & deferred revenue)
- Carry out monthly variance analysis on the PnL and project performance
- Distribute overheads reports and analyse trends
- Monitor and interpret cash flows and predicting future trends
- Support the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts
- General ownership of the group general ledgers
- Monthly group balance sheet reconciliation including deferred revenue and intercompany accounts
- Manage correspondence with external accountants and auditors regarding sample and control testing
- Financial year end close
- Part/fully or newly qualified ACCA/ACA/ CIMA is desired but qualified by experience will be considered
- At least 3 years previous experience in a similar role
- Experience of using QuickBooks on-line is desired but not essential
- High levels of integrity and accuracy
- Experience in working with multicurrency transactions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in posting judgement-based journals
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise
- Ability to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships
This is a full time, permanent role, office based in Chiswick, West London.