PHASTAR is a multiple award-winning, top 10, data focused CRO specialising in providing statistics, programming, data management and data science and is the UK’s largest specialist biometrics CRO. Set up in 2007, PHASTAR has fast become the biometrics CRO of choice for pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies worldwide, owing to our reputation for quality; our technically expert and dynamic employees; and our focus on getting it right first time, every time.
With offices across the UK, US, Germany, Kenya, Australia and Japan, PHASTAR is a global CRO that is continuing to grow. In 2019, PHASTAR won the prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise, following our impressive growth from a one-person operation to a global CRO within a decade.
Our unique approach to data analysis, “The PHASTAR Discipline”, has led us to build a reputation for outstanding quality. With this as our core focus, we are looking for exceptional graduates with a passion for statistics and a desire to help save lives through the development of next-generation medicines, to join PHASTAR’s graduate scheme.
THE PHASTAR GRADUATE SCHEME
PHASTAR’s graduate scheme has been successfully running for the past seven years. We offer comprehensive, tailor-made training that will equip you with the technical skills and industry knowledge you will need as you begin your rewarding career as a statistician within clinical research.
The scheme begins with a six-week intense technical training course including SAS training, where you’ll learn fundamental programming techniques and clinical trial reporting requirements from our expert trainer. This is followed by our unique internal mentorship programme, where you’ll receive individual support and encouragement as you continue to learn and develop beyond the initial graduate scheme.
As a Graduate Statistician, you will;
- Manipulate, summarise and analyse clinical trial data using a variety of statistical methods including survival analysis, logistic regression, mixed-model repeated measures and non-parametric methods
- Assist in the development of Statistical Analysis Plans
- Contribute to sample-size calculations
- Develop SAS programming skills in order to deliver high quality study results for clinical research
- Develop SAS programs to produce datasets according to agreed industry or client standards
- Function as statistical support for studies across a variety of phases and therapeutic areas, ranging from first-in human Phase I drug trials to large-scale long-term Oncology studies
- PhD or MSc in Statistics
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Enthusiastic, ambitious and a strong team player
WHAT WE OFFER
PHASTAR is a company where hard work and fun coincide! You will have the opportunity to develop your career within a dynamic, challenging and intellectually stimulating environment, learning from our industry-leading internal experts with specialist PhDs and statistical expertise, all within a relaxed and friendly atmosphere where fun is encouraged and renowned social events are organised throughout the year.
- Six-week training course
- Structured training and development throughout your career at PHASTAR
- Continuous learning
- Opportunity to attend conferences and courses
- Excellent benefits package (competitive salary, pension, healthcare, life assurance)
- Option of working in our Raleigh or Boston office (once deemed safe to return to office working)
Please note that we can only consider candidates that have the right to work in the US and do not require sponsorship. The graduate positions available will likely be home-based due to the current climate.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org