PHASTAR is a multiple award-winning, data focused CRO specializing in providing statistics, programming, data management and data science services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. With offices across the UK, US, Germany, Kenya, Australia and Japan, PHASTAR is the second largest specialised biometrics provider globally, and the largest in the UK.
Our unique approach to data analysis, “The PHASTAR Discipline”, has led us to build a reputation for outstanding quality. With this as our core focus, we’re looking for talented individuals who share our passion for quality and technical expertise to join our team in the US.
There are also opportunities to join our new office in Shanghai, which is opening soon. If you are interested in a position based in China, please apply.
As an associate director of biostatistics, you will hold a high-level consultancy, client relationship, project leadership and hands-on technical statistics role. Working across a range of therapeutic areas, you will lead assigned studies across phases I-IV, ensuring they are delivered to optimal quality, on time and on budget.
Associate Director, Biostatistics
- Act as lead biostatistician within a reporting team environment, responsible for the statistical aspects of clinical studies across phases I-IV
- Work as study project lead, responsible for predicting and planning resources, allocating staff, quality control and the timely delivery of outputs
- Lead a team of statisticians and programmers to manipulate, summarise and analyse clinical trial data using a variety of statistical methods
- Prepare randomisation schedules and act as unblinded biostatistician on reporting teams
- Advise, mentor and teach internal and external statisticians with regards to statistical and data analysis methods
- Function as a study expert across multiple studies, helping to clarify details on analysis methods to the study team
- Work as oversight statistician for regulatory submissions
- Ensure the team meets the highest quality standards and follows the principles detailed in PHASTAR’s internal procedures
- Act as an expert statistical consultant to pharmaceutical/biotechnology companies, maintaining a positive and engaging client relationship with regards to statistical issues
- PhD or MSc in biostatistics or related discipline
- Experience working within a clinical trials environment (CRO or pharma) to have a good awareness of clinical trial issues, design and implementation
- Experience working on rare disease clinical trials beneficial but not essential
- Experience of working with CDISC data standards and various statistical modelling techniques
- Previous experience performing statistical analysis using SAS
- Project leadership experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with a broad range of people across different functions
With the world’s eyes focused on clinical trial data, this is a fantastic time to join an award-winning specialist biometrics CRO that is renowned for its technical expertise, outstanding quality and cutting-edge data science techniques. We offer structured training and development plans, the opportunity to continue your own research, flexible working arrangements, a competitive salary and an industry-leading benefits package, all within a relaxed, fun and friendly working environment.