PHASTAR is a multiple award-winning, data focused CRO specializing in providing statistics, programming, data management and data science to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. With offices across the UK, US, Germany, Kenya, Australia, India, China and Japan, PHASTAR is the second largest specialized biometrics provider globally, and the largest in the UK.
Our unique approach to data analysis, “The PHASTAR Discipline”, has led us to build a reputation for outstanding quality. With this as our core focus, we’re looking for talented individuals who share our passion for quality and technical expertise to join our team.
The role of director, biostatistics, is a strategic position within PHASTAR, with responsibility for providing input into all business strategies in order to support the development and growth of the business. You will hold a line management, project oversight and client liaison role, ensuring deliverables are met to agreed timelines and PHASTAR’s renowned optimal quality.
- Member of PHASTAR’s management team, supporting the development and growth of the business: provide input into all business strategies including business development, plans and processes for delivery of clinical trial projects, staff development, recruitment and other areas related to business growth
- Recruitment, line management and development of senior technical staff
- Oversight and management of multiple studies across phases I-IV, ensuring projects have adequate resource and guidance, and are delivered to agreed timelines and optimal quality
- Plan, monitor and report on resource usage, to ensure projects are delivered to agreed budgets
- Liaison with customer management and senior technical staff
- Assist with business development activities, including client meetings, bids and proposals
- PhD or MSc in biostatistics, statistics or related discipline
- Experience working within a clinical trials environment (CRO or pharma) to have a good awareness of clinical trial issues, design and implementation
- Proven track record of leading biostatistics teams
- Extensive biostatistics knowledge in order to understand the full technical part of statistics in clinical research
- Experience of working with CDISC data standards and various statistical modelling techniques
- Previous experience performing statistical analysis using SAS
- Substantial project leadership experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
With the world’s eyes focused on clinical trial data, this is a fantastic time to join an award-winning specialist biometrics CRO that is renowned for its technical expertise, outstanding quality and cutting-edge data science techniques. We offer structured training and development plans, the opportunity to continue your own research, flexible working arrangements, a competitive salary and an industry-leading benefits package, all within a relaxed, fun and friendly working environment.
*PHASTAR does not accept any CVs received from recruitment agencies. In the event that speculative CVs are submitted by recruitment agencies, PHASTAR reserves the right to contact these candidates directly and consider them for current/future vacancies without any financial obligation to the recruitment agency in question. This applies to any CVs sent directly to any PHASTAR employee.