PHASTAR is a multiple award-winning, data focused CRO specializing in providing statistics, programming, data management and data science to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. With offices across the UK, US, Germany, Kenya, Australia, India, China and Japan, PHASTAR is the second largest specialized biometrics provider globally, and the largest in the UK.
Our unique approach to data analysis, “The PHASTAR Discipline”, has led us to build a reputation for outstanding quality. With this as our core focus, we’re looking for talented individuals who share our passion for quality and technical expertise to join our team.
As a Principal Biostatistician, you will hold a combined project leadership, line management (if desired) and hands-on technical statistics role. Working across a range of phases and therapeutic areas, you will lead assigned studies, ensuring they are delivered to optimal quality, on time and on budget.
- Lead a team of statisticians and programmers to manipulate, summarise and analyse clinical trial data using a variety of statistical methods
- Project manage assigned studies including allocating staff, predicting and planning resources
- Prepare and review study documentation including protocols and statistical analysis plans
- Advise, mentor and teach internal and external statisticians with regards to statistical and data analysis methods
- Function as a study expert across multiple studies, helping to clarify details on analysis methods for the internal PHASTAR team
- Ensure the team meets the highest quality standards and follows the principles detailed in PHASTAR’s internal procedures
- Maintain a positive and engaging client relationship with regards to statistical issues
- Mentor, train and develop direct reports
- PhD or MSc in Biostatistics or related discipline
- Experience working within a clinical trials environment (CRO, pharma or academic)
- Experience working on oncology, vaccines or rare disease studies (advantageous but not essential)
- Previous experience performing statistical analysis using SAS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with a broad range of people across different functions
To apply, please complete the below application form or, alternatively, submit your CV to email@example.com