PHASTAR is a multiple award-winning, top 10, data focused CRO specializing in providing statistics, programming, data management and data science. With offices across the US, UK, Germany, Kenya, Australia and Japan, PHASTAR is a global CRO that is continuing to grow. In 2019, PHASTAR won the prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise, following our impressive growth from a one-person operation to a global CRO within a decade.
Our unique approach to data analysis, “The PHASTAR Discipline”, has led us to build a reputation for outstanding quality. With this as our core focus, we’re looking for talented individuals who share our passion for quality and statistical expertise to join our team.
As a Senior Programmer, you will be a member of the Statistics and Programming Department and serve as lead SAS programmer to ensure the quality and timely delivery of all programming aspects of clinical and non-clinical trials and validating datasets and SDTMs. Perform Senior Reviews and the Delivery of QC of non-statistical outputs.
- Develop and debug complex SAS macros, support development of the standard macro library, and implement standard macros within a study. Create QC and update non-efficacy dataset specifications for single studies, Integrated Summary of Safety (ISS), etc.
- Perform quality checking of the advanced SAS code outputs produced by other programmers. Serve as team lead, leading further SAS programming development, creation of the Case Report Tabulation (CRT) packages and the creation of articles, posters, presentations, or publications.
- Perform simple study designs independently and contribute to more complex study design, e.g., multiplicity, interim analysis, multi-period cross-over. Interpret and implement current SDTM and Analysis Data Model (AdaM) standards.
- Be responsible for developing SAS programs to produce the outputs that help in analyzing and reporting clinical trials data using SAS/BASE, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/STAT, SAS/MACRO, SAS/SQL, SAS/CONNECT, and SAS/ACCESS.
- Ability to perform strong statistically programming skills using SAS.
- Gather and combine clinical trial data from various data sources to create complex tables, listings and graphs.
- Review of publication and study-level resources.
- Archive study documentations following instructions in supplied Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Liaise with Study Statisticians and Study Project Manager regarding resources and deliverables. Be the point of contact for the team’s programming issues.
- Act as the Study Manager to ensure projects are managed and monitored so that client deadlines and deliverables are met, reporting progress and issues to senior management.
- Lead and mentor more junior team members, serving as a point of contact for programming issues and helping to resolve obstacles faced by team members.
- Critically review non-statistical study documentation and provide feedback with oversight.
- Create, review and update processes and SOPs.
- Be responsible for compliance for processes and SOPs being followed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems (Computer or Engineering) or a closely related discipline.
- 4 years of experience in the job offered or 4 years of SAS programming experience in the healthcare sector, including 1 year of experience with the complex SAS functions, including SAS Macros and SAS Structured Query Language.
- Experience can be pre- or post-degree
With the world’s eyes focused on clinical trial data, this is a fantastic time to join an award-winning specialized biometric CRO that is renowned for its technical expertise, outstanding quality and cutting-edge data science techniques. We offer flexible working, part-time hours, structured training and development plans, continuous learning opportunities, and a competitive salary and benefits package. We’re committed to ensuring our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance, within a supportive, fun and friendly working environment.
*PHASTAR does not accept any CVs received from recruitment agencies. In the event that speculative CVs are submitted by recruitment agencies, PHASTAR reserves the right to contact these candidates directly and consider them for current/future vacancies without any financial obligation to the recruitment agency in question. This applies to any CVs sent directly to any PHASTAR employee.