PHASTAR is a multiple award-winning global biometric Contract Research Organisation (CRO). We partner with pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device organisations to provide the expertise and processes to manage and deliver on time, quality biostatistics, programming, data management and data science services. With offices across the UK, US, Germany, Kenya, Australia, India, China and Japan, PHASTAR is the second largest specialised biometrics provider globally, and the largest in the UK.
Accredited as an outstanding company to work for, PHASTAR is committed to employee engagement, workplace satisfaction and ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We offer flexible working, part-time hours, involvement in developing company-wide initiatives, structured training and development plans, and a truly supportive, fun and friendly environment.
What’s more, when you join our team, PHASTAR will plant a tree in your honour, as one of our Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives. So, not only would you get your dream job, you’ll also be helping to save the planet!
Principal Statistical Programmer
As a principal statistical programmer, you will hold a combined project leadership and technical hands-on programming role. Working across a range of phases and therapeutic areas, you will lead assigned studies, ensuring they are delivered to optimal quality, on time and on budget.
- Project leadership of assigned studies
- Manipulation of data to produce analysis datasets, including SDTM and ADaM datasets
- Production and review of Tables, Figures and Listings (TFLs) according to statistical analysis plans
- Creation and review of programming specifications and, if required, annotation of case report forms (CRFs) to CDISC standards
- Feeding back data errors to client data management teams
- Attendance at regular client meetings to provide updates on projects and timelines
- Assisting internal management team in assessing resourcing needs for successful completion of assigned projects
- Working to industry (CDISC) and client standards
- BSc, MSc or PhD in mathematics, science or IT related discipline
- Experience working within a clinical trials environment (CRO, pharma or academia)
- Previous experience working with SAS
- CDISC (SDTM and ADaM) experience
- Previous experience of leading teams is preferred but not essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
With the world’s eyes focused on clinical trial data, this is a fantastic time to join an award-winning specialised biometric CRO that is renowned for its technical expertise, outstanding quality and cutting-edge data science techniques.
*PHASTAR does not accept any CVs received from recruitment agencies. In the event that speculative CVs are submitted by recruitment agencies, PHASTAR reserves the right to contact these candidates directly and consider them for current/future vacancies without any financial obligation to the recruitment agency in question. This applies to any CVs sent directly to any PHASTAR employee.