PHASTAR is a multiple award-winning global biometric Contract Research Organisation (CRO). We partner with pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device organisations to provide the expertise and processes to manage and deliver on time, quality biostatistics, programming, data management and data science services. With offices across the UK, US, Germany, Kenya, Australia, India, China and Japan, PHASTAR is the second largest specialised biometrics provider globally, and the largest in the UK.
Accredited as an outstanding company to work for, PHASTAR is committed to employee engagement, workplace satisfaction and ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We offer flexible working, part-time hours, involvement in developing company-wide initiatives, structured training and development plans, and a truly supportive, fun and friendly environment.
What’s more, when you join our team, PHASTAR will plant a tree in your honour, as one of our Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives. So, not only would you get your dream job, you’ll also be helping to save the planet!
As a senior biostatistician, you will hold a combined project leadership, client liaison and hands-on technical statistics role. Working across phases I-IV in a variety of therapeutic areas, you will lead assigned studies, ensuring they are delivered to optimal quality, on time and on budget.
- Act as lead biostatistician within a reporting team environment, responsible for the statistical aspects of clinical studies
- Work as study project lead, responsible for predicting and planning resources, allocating staff, quality control and the timely delivery of outputs
- Lead a team of statisticians and programmers to manipulate, summarise and analyse clinical trial data using a variety of statistical methods
- Prepare randomisation schedules and act as unblinded biostatistician on reporting teams
- Supervise work of less experienced statisticians
- Function as statistical support across multiple studies
- Work as oversight statistician for regulatory submissions
- Ensure the team meets the highest quality standards and follows the principles detailed in PHASTAR’s internal procedures
- Act as a statistical consultant to pharmaceutical/biotechnology companies, maintaining a positive and engaging client relationship with regards to statistical issues
- PhD or MSc in biostatistics or related discipline
- Experience working within a clinical trials environment (CRO or pharma) to have a good awareness of clinical trial issues, design and implementation
- Project leadership experience
- Knowledge of CDISC (SDTM/ADaM) standards
- Previous experience performing statistical analysis using SAS
With the world’s eyes focused on clinical trial data, this is a fantastic time to join an award-winning specialised biometric CRO that is renowned for its technical expertise, outstanding quality and cutting-edge data science techniques.
*PHASTAR does not accept any CVs received from recruitment agencies. In the event that speculative CVs are submitted by recruitment agencies, PHASTAR reserves the right to contact these candidates directly and consider them for current/future vacancies without any financial obligation to the recruitment agency in question. This applies to any CVs sent directly to any PHASTAR employee.