PHASTAR is a multiple award-winning, top 10, data focused CRO specialising in providing statistics, programming, data management and data science services. With offices across the UK, US, Germany, Kenya, Australia and Japan, PHASTAR is a global CRO that is continuing to grow. In 2019, PHASTAR won the prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise, following our impressive growth from a one-person operation to a global CRO within a decade.
Our unique approach to data analysis, “The PHASTAR Discipline”, has led us to build a reputation for outstanding quality. With this as our core focus, we’re looking for talented individuals who share our passion for quality and statistical expertise to join our team.
Associate Director, Biostatistics
The role of an Associate Director of Biostatistics is an exciting role providing: strategic support to the head of statistics function; advising on best practices and statistical approaches for clinical trials; line management of more experienced statisticians within the organisation; providing project leadership and hands-on technical statistical support for a variety of clinical studies across different phases of clinical development and therapeutic areas, including submission level activities; and/or providing statistical consultancy and advice to clients. The role also provides opportunities to share your knowledge with less experienced personnel within the company, helping others to develop under your careful guidance and leadership through training and mentoring opportunities, and by providing senior review and oversight of documentation and deliverables, ensuring they are delivered to optimal quality, on time and within budget.
- Line management of a team of statistics managers
- Training and mentoring members of staff
- Identifying areas for development for direct reports
- Project leadership of assigned studies
- Provide input at a strategic and project level
- Provide a consultative, positive and engaging client relationship with regards to statistical issues
- Provide statistical consultancy at study design stage or during program development
- Prepare and review study documentation including protocols and statistical analysis plans
- Manipulate, summarise and analyse clinical trial data using a variety of statistical methods
- Function as statistical support across multiple studies
- Communicate statistical issues across multi-disciplinary teams
- Oversight statistician for a program of studies or client
- Provide solutions/advice to issues/questions raised by team members
- Motivate and inspire others
- Recruit, interview, hire and train new employees, as needed
- Lead and represent statistics within project meetings
- Maintain positive client relationships and provide visibility of statistics at external meetings
- PhD or MSc in Biostatistics or related discipline
- Experience working across all phases of clinical trials
- Knowledge of submission level requirements
- CRO or pharmaceutical background
- Experience of working with CDISC data standards and performing statistical analysis using SAS
- Experience using various statistical modelling techniques
- Project leadership experience
- Line management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with a broad range of people across different functions
- Excellent teamwork ethos and willingness to help others
This is a unique opportunity to join a company where hard work and fun coincide! We offer structured training and development plans, the opportunity to continue your own research, a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, and flexible working arrangements, all within a relaxed and friendly working environment where fun is encouraged, and renowned social events are organised throughout the year.