PHASTAR is a multiple award-winning global biometric Contract Research Organization (CRO). We partner with pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device organizations to provide the expertise and processes to manage and deliver on time, quality biostatistics, programming, data management and data science services. With offices across the UK, US, Germany, Kenya, Australia, India, China and Japan, PHASTAR is the second largest specialized biometrics provider globally, and the largest in the UK.
Our unique approach to data analysis, “The PHASTAR Discipline”, has led us to build a reputation for outstanding quality. With this as our core focus, we’re looking for talented individuals who share our passion for quality and technical expertise to join our team. We have opportunities available in our Beijing, Shanghai and Wuhan offices. Positions can be either office-based, remote or a hybrid within these regions.
Accredited as an outstanding company to work for, PHASTAR is committed to employee engagement, workplace satisfaction and ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We offer flexible working, part-time hours, involvement in developing company-wide initiatives, structured training and development plans, and a truly supportive, fun and friendly environment.
What’s more, when you join our team, PHASTAR will plant a tree in your honour, as one of our Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives. So, not only would you get your dream job, you’ll also be helping to save the planet!
Senior Statistical Programmer
As a senior statistical programmer, you will hold a combined project leadership and hands-on technical programming role. Working across phases I-IV in a variety of therapeutic areas, you will lead assigned studies, ensuring they are delivered to optimal quality, on time and on budget.
- Act as lead programmer on multiple studies, ensuring quality and timely delivery
- Liaise with study statistician and project manager regarding resourcing and deliverables
- Program and validate complex analysis datasets and outputs, including SDTM and ADaM datasets
- Program complex non efficacy outputs/figures
- Perform senior review and deliver QC of non-statistical output
- Create, QC and update complex dataset specifications (including efficacy) for single/multiple and ISS/ISEs
- Review complex study design SAPs
- Interpret and implement current SDTM and ADaM standards
- Knowledge of FDA CRT requirements including define.xml and define.pdf
- Lead and be responsible for the creation of CRT packages
- Point of contact for the team regarding programming issues
- Take responsibility for study compliance with SOPs and processes
- Develop and debug complex macros
- Become involved in developing the standard macro library and take responsibility to implement standard macros within a study
- BSc or above within mathematics, computer science or related discipline
- Experience working within a clinical trials environment (CRO or pharma)
- Substantial experience working with SAS
- CDISC (SDTM and ADaM) experience
- Previous experience of leading teams is preferred but not essential
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
With the world’s eyes focused on clinical trial data, this is a fantastic time to join an award-winning specialized biometric CRO that is renowned for its technical expertise, outstanding quality and cutting-edge data science techniques.