PHASTAR is a multiple award-winning global biometric Contract Research Organization (CRO). We partner with pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device organizations to provide the expertise and processes to manage and deliver on time, quality biostatistics, programming, data management and data science services. With offices across the UK, US, Germany, Kenya, Australia, India, China and Japan, PHASTAR is the second largest specialized biometrics provider globally, and the largest in the UK.
Our unique approach to data analysis, “The PHASTAR Discipline”, has led us to build a reputation for outstanding quality. With this as our core focus, we’re looking for talented individuals who share our passion for quality and technical expertise to join our team. We have opportunities available in our Beijing, Shanghai and Wuhan offices. Positions can be either office-based, remote or a hybrid within these regions.
Accredited as an outstanding company to work for, PHASTAR is committed to employee engagement, workplace satisfaction and ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We offer flexible working, part-time hours, involvement in developing company-wide initiatives, structured training and development plans, and a truly supportive, fun and friendly environment.
What’s more, when you join our team, PHASTAR will plant a tree in your honour, as one of our Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives. So, not only would you get your dream job, you’ll also be helping to save the planet!
As a principal biostatistician, you will hold a combined project leadership and hands-on technical statistics role. Working across a range of phases and therapeutic areas, you will lead assigned studies, ensuring they are delivered to optimal quality, on time and on budget.
- Act as lead biostatistician within a reporting team environment, responsible for the statistical aspects of clinical studies across phases I-IV
- Work as study project lead, responsible for predicting and planning resources, allocating staff, quality control and the timely delivery of outputs
- Lead a team of statisticians and programmers to manipulate, summarise and analyse clinical trial data using a variety of statistical methods
- Prepare randomisation schedules and act as unblinded biostatistician on reporting teams
- Advise, mentor and teach internal and external statisticians with regards to statistical and data analysis methods
- Function as a study expert across multiple studies, helping to clarify details on analysis methods to the study team
- Work as oversight statistician for regulatory submissions
- Ensure the team meets the highest quality standards and follows the principles detailed in PHASTAR’s internal procedures
- Act as a statistical consultant to pharmaceutical/biotechnology companies, maintaining a positive and engaging client relationship with regards to statistical issues
- PhD or MSc in biostatistics or related discipline
- Experience working within a clinical trials environment (CRO or pharma) to have a good awareness of clinical trial issues, design and implementation
- Knowledge of CDISC (SDTM/ADaM) standards
- Previous experience performing statistical analysis using SAS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with a broad range of people across different functions
With the world’s eyes focused on clinical trial data, this is a fantastic time to join an award-winning specialized biometric CRO that is renowned for its technical expertise, outstanding quality and cutting-edge data science techniques.