PHASTAR is a multiple award-winning global biometric Contract Research Organization (CRO). We partner with pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device organizations to provide the expertise and processes to manage and deliver on time, quality biostatistics, programming, data management and data science services. With offices across the UK, US, Germany, Kenya, Australia, India, China and Japan, PHASTAR is the second largest specialized biometrics provider globally, and the largest in the UK.
Our unique approach to data analysis, “The PHASTAR Discipline”, has led us to build a reputation for outstanding quality. With this as our core focus, we’re looking for talented individuals who share our passion for quality and technical expertise to join our team.
Accredited as an outstanding company to work for, PHASTAR is committed to employee engagement, workplace satisfaction and ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We offer flexible working, part-time hours, involvement in developing company-wide initiatives, structured training and development plans, and a truly supportive, fun and friendly environment.
What’s more, when you join our team, PHASTAR will plant a tree in your honour, as one of our Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives. So, not only would you get your dream job, you’ll also be helping to save the planet!
Director/Senior Director, Business Development
As part of our strategic growth plans in China, we are expanding our business development team. The role will be focused on identifying and closing sales opportunities with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, as well as driving the development of our customer portfolio.
- Selling biostatistics, programming, data management and data science services to the global pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical devices industries
- Develop and deploy account and territory plans that outline the strategic and tactical steps needed to achieve both personal and corporate goals
- Using multiple platforms to generate leads, including telephone, e-mail, LinkedIn and social media and events
- Provide status reports and forecast updates on the sales pipeline and ability to articulate the organizational needs to advance them through the sales journey
- Work with internal marketing team to provide feedback in order to create sales enablement materials that reinforce key messages relating to PHASTAR’s USPs
- Maintain and update information in CRM about potential clients ensuring all correspondence is documented
- Represent PHASTAR at relevant industry networking events and conferences
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and clients
- Extensive experience within the pharmaceutical industry with a track record of successfully selling biometrics/clinical services into the biopharmaceutical industry
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with the capacity to understand and articulate primary issues around key clinical technology
- Ability to represent the company (with initial training) in an independent manner
- Ability to understand the company's unique selling points, and ensure these are communicated with potential customers in order to create business opportunities
- Driven to build the business, with an ability to work independently
- BSc in a business or life sciences background is highly desirable
- Have the ability to work within a dynamic sales team
- Excellent written and spoken English, and a comfortable style in interacting with scientific, academic and professional clients
With the world’s eyes focused on clinical trial data, this is a fantastic time to join an award-winning specialized biometric CRO that is renowned for its technical expertise, outstanding quality and cutting-edge data science techniques.