PHASTAR is a multiple award-winning global biometric Contract Research Organisation (CRO). We partner with pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device organisations to provide the expertise and processes to manage and deliver on time, quality biostatistics, programming, data management and data science services. With offices across the UK, US, Germany, Kenya, Australia, India, China and Japan, PHASTAR is the second largest specialised biometrics provider globally, and the largest in the UK.
Accredited as an outstanding company to work for, PHASTAR is committed to employee engagement, workplace satisfaction and ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We offer flexible working, part-time hours, involvement in developing company-wide initiatives, structured training and development plans, and a truly supportive, fun and friendly environment.
What’s more, when you join our team, PHASTAR will plant a tree in your honour, as one of our Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives. So, not only would you get your dream job, you’ll also be helping to save the planet!
Data Scientist - Digital Health Visual Analytics
We are looking for a visual analytics expert to join PHATSAR’s data science team, supporting internal projects and external clients leading projects from inception to delivery and working with a variety of different stakeholders and data.
The ideal candidate would have expertise in data analytics, visualisation and insight and be enthusiastic about data and curious about new ways to explore and visualise data. The individual would have a background in healthcare or pharma and ideally experience working collaboratively, with hands-on experience in data analytics and developing visualisations and applications for healthcare data.
The successful applicant will have a pivotal role in the development and delivery of visual analytics solutions at PHASTAR. Providing innovative ideas and solutions to problems, developing applications from prototype through the production and maintaining applications in production. The work will focus on the analysis and manipulation of routinely collected clinical data, real-world data, meta data and other related data sources to generate insights and support digital health.
The role will involve regular communication with both internal and external stakeholders, understanding their business and providing solutions; excellent communication skills are essential. As a lead, this role would have responsibility for ensuring timely, quality delivery of solutions and leading/training more junior team members to produce analytical solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to support the company as we build upon existing deliverables and meet our client and internal requirements in the growing visual analytics space.
- Expertise in producing high quality data visualisations, reports and presentations with expertise in one or more visualisation methods, including R/R shiny.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages (including R)
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with the extraction, transformation and loading of data from multiple sources
- Hands-on experience in the development and support of visual analytics solutions from conception to production.
- Experience in the production and maintenance of applications in line with overarching regulatory guidelines, governance and risk management.
- Proven track record of delivering commercial returns from data science projects
- Advanced degree in Health Informatics, Mathematical, Statistical, Computer Science or Life Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in healthcare or pharmaceuticals
- Familiarity with clinical data standards (clinical trial data)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to clearly communicate complex information to other disciplines
- Curious and driven - naturally inquisitive with a problem-solving mindset.
- Open-minded, and ready to embrace new ideas and different perspectives
- Strong critical thinking, planning, organizational and time management skills
- Experience with the use of machine learning toolkits to extract meaningful results from large, complex dataset
- Experience in the application of statistical approaches for data analysis
- Proficient in the use of version control software
- Experience in the processing and analysis of real world data sources (e.g. medical claims, Electronic medical records, hospital admissions, wearables etc.)
- Experience developing and delivering training courses on software applications
- Be an active member of the PHASTAR data science team
- Using domain-specific experience, understand business problems and identify the appropriate data, analytical and visual solutions.
- Define and clarify analytical requirements, develop analysis plans and/or requirements documentation and ensure data quality standards
- Hands-on application of different data science tools and methods to healthcare and clinical challenges
- Adherence to regulatory guidelines and company SOPs in application production
- Provision of training for users and other analytical experts
- Oversight of data science projects, leading and mentoring junior members of staff
- Create and contribute to publication-ready methods and results
- Responsible for ensuring project work is clearly defined and delivered within relevant time frames and budget
- Contribute to project proposals, documenting analytical approaches and resource estimates
- Generate ideas and proposals for analyses to shape future projects and drive efficiencies within PHASTAR
With the world’s eyes focused on clinical trial data, this is a fantastic time to join an award-winning specialized biometric CRO that is renowned for its technical expertise, outstanding quality and cutting-edge data science techniques.