Data Protection Policy
PHASTAR are committed to protecting and respecting your personal data privacy.
This policy describes how PHASTAR collects, processes, uses, shares and secures any personal data it collects from you. It also describes your choices regarding the use, access, and correction of your personal data.
For the purpose of this policy, personal data shall mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. It is important that you read this policy carefully because by using our website you are indicating that you accept and agree to the practices we describe in this policy. If you do not agree to the practices described in this policy, you should not continue to use our website.
It is also important that you check back often for updates to this policy. If we update this policy we will let you know. By accessing or using our website after we have updated this policy, you are indicating that you accept and agree to the new practice(s) identified in the updated policy.
- Why do we collect personal information?
PHASTAR needs to collect personal information to effectively and compliantly carry out its everyday business functions and activities and to provide the products and services defined by our business type.
Our collection, processing, usage and sharing of your information is conducted in accordance with all applicable laws and applicable contractual obligations.
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.phastar.com. This includes:
- Information provided at the time of registering to use our site
- Sending enquiries to us in relation to our services
- Subscribing to our services
- Information relating to any transaction(s) carried out between you and us on or in relation to our site
- Posting material or requesting further services
- Information provided when reporting a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to:
- Traffic data
- Location data
- Weblogs and other communication data
(whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise)
- Any resources that you access.
- Any subscription and billing information relating to transactions you carry out with our business.
- IP ADDRESSES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For your convenience and to save time, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file that is stored by your browser on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's browser, enabling us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The cookies will be stored on your computer until you clear them using your browser. This helps save time by not requiring you to complete multiple forms with the same information and saving your browser settings for the next time you visit our site.
- WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
All information you provide to us is stored on our or our approved suppliers’ secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide services that you have purchased via our site, collect payment from you for such services and communicate with you in relation to such payment (for example, by sending you payment confirmation emails). All financial transactions through our site are handled by our payment services provider, Secure Trading. We will share your personal data with Secure Trading only to the extent that it is necessary for processing payments that you have made via our site or directly to us.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services that may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post, telephone or email.
If you do not want us to use your data, for marketing purposes, please unsubscribe from the marketing emails you receive: you will be given the option to opt out from these campaigns.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If PHASTAR Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- By registering for a sponsored PHASTAR event (e.g symposium, webinar or webcast) you are agreeing to the disclosure of the data you provide during the registration process, to the sponsors of the event, for marketing purposes. Such sponsors may be based outside of the E.E.A.
- Partner networks
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- YOUR RIGHTS
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have the following data protection rights:
- Request to access, correct, update or delete your personal information,
- Object to processing of your personal information
- Ask us to restrict processing of your personal information
- Request portability of your personal information
- Ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by unsubscribing to the email campaigns that you may receive.
You can exercise your rights at any time by contacting us using the email address provided under the "How to contact us" section of this policy.
Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to keep any information in our archives that we deem necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
- ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to access information held about you. We will comply with your request promptly and by no later than 30 days from receipt of any such request. We may charge a reasonable fee for dealing with your request which we will notify to you.
Please address any such request to the email address provided under the "How to contact us" section of this policy.
- Accuracy of personal Data
Please help us to ensure that the information about you that we hold is accurate and up to date. If you think that any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please let us know as soon as possible by emailing the address provided under the "How to contact us" section of this policy.
We will correct or update any information about you as soon as reasonably possible.
- Data Retention
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we retain information about you only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or as required under any contract or by applicable law.
- How to CONTACT us
To demonstrate our commitment to data protection, and to enhance the effectiveness of our compliance efforts, PHASTAR has appointed a Data Protection Officer.
Please note that if you contact PHASTAR by the email address provided above you are explicitly giving your permission for PHASTAR to use your personal data for means of replying to your requests.
Thank you for visiting our website